Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Hi! I hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday. My mom and I spent the day creating Christmas cards. Then I took my kiddos to get their H1N1 flu shot. I was finally able to get them in to have it done. Our school district had a flu clinic this afternoon for the kids. My daughter hates getting shots, so she is very upset with me right now. But it needed to be done. Now if I can just get myself in to have one than we will be all set. Our Dr's office has not had any for several weeks now. I called them today and they are hoping to get some in this week. So keep your fingers crossed for me. I really need to get that shot as I am one of the "lucky" people they said needed to get the shot asap because of an underlying condition (Asthma). The last time I came down with the flu it landed me in the hospital with pnemonia. Don't wan't to go that route again! I'm still trying to get the regular flu shot too. But enough of my rambling......

.....onto my first card I've got to share with you tonight. (I have 3 total).

The image that I used is from The Greeting Farm and is part of the Miss Anya Rain, Snow, Shine collection. I thought she would look so pretty done all up in pink. I don't know...there's just something I like about how the Christmas cards look when done with non-traditional Christmas colors.

This card was done for 3 challenges:
Little Paper Shop: Recycle It! ~ For this challenge you were to create a card using a previous LPS sketch of your choice. I chose this one that was originally posted on February 23, 2009.
Creatalicious: Create something for Christmas & add snowflakes and lots of sparkle/glitter.
Supplies: The Greeting Farm Miss Anya Rain Snow Shine Stamp Collection, EK Success Snowflake Punch, Frosted Lace Stickles, Pink Gems, Offray Simply Grossgrain Pink Ribbon, Fiskars Texture Plate Dots.
I hope you enjoyed my card. I'll be back with 2 more cards to share with you tonight. Oh yeah! Check it out! I finally figured out how to do a "fancy signature" for my blog!!


hugs,

4 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you've used pink yet made it so Christmas-like. That's my favorite Miss Anya stamp. ;-)

Allison Rankin said...

Love all the pink and esp. that glitter! Thanks for playing with LPS!

Anonymous said...

I love your use of soft pinks to create a Christmas card...so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious....I'd love to see you play along with us next month too!

Abby:)

Cheryl said...

So very pretty and love the shades of pink!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
xx