Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My 1st Easel Card

I finally made an easel card!! YEAH! I have been wanting to for some time now and I finally sat down today and made one. This card uses sketch #9 in The Greeting Farm's 12 Days of Sketches Challenge. The image that I chose to use on this one is one from the Miss Anya Dressy stamp set. There is one thing on my card that I wished I had done a little different. The gem that is holding the card open is way to small. Don't get me wrong it does it's "job" and holds the card open but it's just not strong enough. You have to play with it a little bit to get it to stay put and if you even slightly touch the card...it closes. But I guess that would be one of those things you have to figure out by trial and error....lol...


I made this card using the following challenges:
The Greeting Farm: 12 Days of Sketches: Sketch #9
Creative Card Crew: Anything Goes
Supplies: The Greeting Farm Miss Anya Dressy Stamp Set, Frances Meyer Pink School Skirt Patterned Paper, Fiskars Clear Stamp Set ~ Birthday (sentiment), Offray Kendra White/Opal Ribbon, Bazzill Basics Paper ~Piglet, Golden Yellow Cardstock, Light Pink Cardstock & Golden Yellow Gemstones.
hugs,

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

cute cute cute! I love easel cards. I think they are my favorite to make.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mary. Your card is absolutely brilliant. Lovely delicate colours, so beautifully co-ordinated. Well done.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Annie Collins said...

Love this one too. I really like that stamp.