Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Kathy (aka Stitchy) is celebrating her birthday on December 12th. This is the card that I made for her birthday bash that took place on Sunday on the DICo SNR Group Page. The challenge given was to create a birthday card/invitation using 3 different papers, 3D, 3 embellishments that started with B (brads, buttons, bows, balloons, etc..) and 3 B's somewhere on it (sentiment, words or image).

For my card I used this Sarah Kay stamp called " Spring is Back". The breakdown of my card is as follows....

3 papers: Raspberry Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Teal Cardstock & Colorbok Aqua Stripe DP (ok ok so I used 4 papers instead of 3...I couldn't resist using the raspberry to back my sentiment in. It just made it "pop" more.)

3D: The flowers, leaves & Brads

3 embellishments: 3 Brads

3 B's: Birthday Blessings, bouquet of flowers in image, buttons on shirt, bow on hat.

I added glitter to the edges of the flowers, to the leaves, the buttons on her shirt and to the raspberry cardstock around the sentiment. I typed my sentiment out on the computer. It's hard to tell in the picture but I printed it out in teal instead of black.

Please help me & the rest of DIC0 DT in wishing Kathy a very happy birthday! You have until Saturday, December 12th to participate in this challenge. Just head on over to the DICo SNR group page to find out more details on how to enter.

I also used the sketch for the Sketch Saturday challenge this week to complete my card.

Supplies: Sarah Kay Spring is Back Stamp, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, Studio G Glitter Glue (clear), Teal Paper Flowers, Raspberry Paper Flowers, Brads, Offray Kendra White/Opal Ribbon, Black Cardstock, Teal Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock & Colorbok Aqua Striped DP.



hugs,

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I love the colors and this card is beautiful

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card!!! I love your coloring!