Sunday, December 13, 2009

DICo's Holiday Frenzy Challenge

Today at Digital-Inc Co "Holiday Frenzy" begins. The challenge is to create last minute cards, tags, gift bags, boxes or anything you might create as a last minute gift. There are prizes valued over $50!
Before I share with you what I created for this challenge, I would like to say congratulations to the 3 winners of our Holiday Special challenge. Head on over to the challenge blog to see if you are one of the lucky 3.

The stamp creator that I was matched up with for this challenge is Donna of Lil Diva Stamps. I used this adorable stamp called "The Nativity" to create a bookmark and a gift tag.


I love making gift tags instead of buying them in the store. I think it gives the gift a more personal touch. And this image was so perfect because this is what Christmas is all about. The birth of Jesus. So when I saw this image I knew right away that this was the one I wanted to use on my project.



To create my bookmark I cut a strip of blue cardstock to 2 1/2" by 8 1/2". Then I folded it in half. I printed out the image with the first part of John 3:16 typed out above it. Then added it to the front of the bookmark with a simple button above it.


To use this bookmark you simply place the page of the book in between the front and back of the bookmark and the 2 magnets on the inside hold it in place. (I forgot to snap a picture of that sorry) This one is already found it's way into my Bible. And my 6 year old has started making some bookmarks to hand out to the kids in her class for Christmas gifts.

Be sure to check out the DICo store for some more of Donna's amazing images. This one (The Nativity) is available for purchase for just $3. But during the month of December you can get 50% off at the store making this stamp just $1.50!!!

And if you haven't already be sure to sign up for the Digital-Ink Co's weekly newsletter. When you do you will receive a free image in each newsletter!!!

Digital-Ink Co is also having a DT call. For more information please go here.


So now it's your turn to show us what you can do. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with as last minute gifts.

hugs,



7 comments:

stitchy said...

Oh Mary, this bookmark and gift tag is beautiful...so softly colored and so detailed...Excellent job..I really love them..
hugz
stitchy

Harriet said...

I really love these tags and bookmark... you have done a wonderful job.... the coloring is perfect

Sam said...

These are both beautiful Mary doll. Must get me some magnets as I've been wanting to have a go at these bookmarks for ages.
Take care hun
Sam x

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL MARY!!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Mary, how sweet is this set! This is just the most adorable stamp and you truely did it justice! This is just great! Great job girl!!

Unknown said...

These are to die for! Great job!

Roberta

Anonymous said...

Mary, first of all,I absolutely love the song you have playing. It is absolutely one of my favorite songs, I used it to scrap my son's part in the Christmas play about 4 years ago when he was the Shepherd.
This is a precious set--I love the button with real thread--adorable. Great coloring and color choices!

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty