Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm A Princess Card & Bookmark

Here is a card and bookmark that I made today. It's kinda a big bookmark right? I didn't mean for it to be so big. And I didn't really realize just how big it was until I placed it next to my card. But hey it's still a bookmark. Not a traditional bookmark. But still a bookmark. I love this saying. I so want to get my daughter a tshirt with this on it. But hey maybe she will settle for a bookmark for her Bible for right now.
I stamped Curtsy Princess Tilda, colored her with colored pencils and cut her completely out. Then Printed out the saying on my computer. I stamped the background using a Studio G swirl stamp. I added a little glitter to Tilda's shoes and tiara. The punch that I used is Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edge Punch. Added some pink ribbon and finished it off with white pearls.
Then I repeated some of the elements onto my card. I stamped the light pink strip of cardstock with the swirl stamp. Carried over the ribbon, punch, white pearls and glitter. This time I cut the image with an oval mat around it using a Fiskars oval template. Added in a few light pink paper daisies from Oriental Trading Company. I added a pink pearl into the center of each flower.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Project Tuesday: Card With A Matching Bookmark

Stamptacular Sunday: Swirls & Pearls

Friday Sketchers: Sketch



Card Recipe:
Image: Magnolia Curtsy Princess Tilda Stamp
Other Stamps: Studio G Swirl Stamp
Paper: DCWV Pastel Cardstock Stack ~ Pink, White Cardstock, Light Pink Cardstock
Embellishments: White Pearls, Pink Pearls, Studio G Clear Glitter Glue, Light Pink Ribbon, Oriental Trading Company Light Pink Paper Daisies
Tools: Fiskars Oval Template, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch
Other: Crayola Colored Pencils


4 comments:

Loz said...

This is so gorgeous Mary! Lovely set, and that is a big bookmark! I love this Tilda, gorgeous colours ♥

Rach said...

what a fabulous set Mary, beautiful.
Hugz Rach xxx

Joanne Gilch said...

Mary, this is a beautiful card and bookmark.

Leonie said...

Such a pretty card! and a gorgeous bookmark! She will be certainly find her page with it! Your colouring is great too. Love this Tilda one of my fav's. thanks for joining in with us this week at SSC.
Hugs Leonie