Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Father's Day Card

I made this Father's Day card today using this cute image from Karen's Doodles called What A Catch. Yesterday I found out that I was the second place winner at Karen's Doodles United States Challenge. My prize was 2 digital stamps of my choice from Karen's Doodles. This was one of my choices. Perfect for Father's Day don't you think? I'll be back tomorrow to show you my other pick.

I punched the star border using a punch that I just purchase a few weeks ago. Called Starry Night and is from EK Success. Then I backed the blue cardtock in white cardstock. To continue the stars onto the top of my card I used the border punch to punch out a few stars out of indigo cardstock. I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp: One For The Boys

Papertake Weekly: Sketch

Tuesday Taggers: It's A Man's World

Creative Cottage: One For The Boys

I had also created this for the challenge at Karen's Doodles United Kingdom but I missed getting it posted in time!!!!

Card Recipe:

Image: Karen's Doodles What A Catch! Digital Stamp

Paper: DCWV Solid Indigo Cardstock, White Cardstock, Nicole Crafts Blue Cardstock

Tools: EK Success Starry Night Border Punch

Other: Crayola Colored Pencils, EK Success 3D Dots 1/8" Thick Foam Squares




5 comments:

Tracy said...

this is so cute i love the fabulous design and sweet image. Thanks for joining this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Mary this is totally fabulous what a great image and colours I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, love the sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Lovely card
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x

Karen said...

Beautiful card and what a great image. Thanks for joining us this time around at DU2DS.
Karen x