Monday, December 27, 2010

Treat Box

I made this treat box for the Karen's Doodles Netherlands Doodle Diva challenge. I used the new freebie from Karen's Doodles called Puffin Christmas. The base of the box is red. I embossed the white cardstock using a cuttlebug embossing folder (dots) and backed it in hunter green cardstock. I backed a red paper heart doily in hunter green cardstock and added it to the left back corner of the box. I punched the sentiment out using a 1 3/8" circle punch. I backed it in red and then in white. I then punched out a 2" scalloped circle out of hunter green and backed it in white. Then added it to the heart.


I then added the image to the bottom right corner. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. I punched snowflakes using two different sized Martha Stewart punches. I punched the larger in red and the smaller in white. Added the white to the red and then added a red gemstone to the center. I added one on each side of the box, one to the lower left corner and one to the upper right corner.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central: Anything Goes (item from store: cuttlebug embossing folder ~ dots)

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

Stampavie & More: Red

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Sew Many Challenges: Anything Goes

Paper Sundaes: Cut It Out


~Supplies Used~
Karen's Doodles Puffin Christmas Digital Stamp
Nicole Crafts Red Cardstock
Nicole Crafts Hunter Green Cardstock
White Cardstock
Nicole Crafts Red Gemstones
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Corner Punch
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Dots
EK Success 1 3/8" Circle Punch

EK Success 2" Scalloped Circle Punch
Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, you made a wonderful box! Love all the little details. Thank you for joining the Doodle Diva Blog and good luck!

Hugs,
Renata
Karens Doodles NL DT

Fiona said...

fab project and great job cutting out. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper sundaes.

fi

Heather said...

A fabulous treat box Mary, such a great design and lovely details.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hope you had a great Christmas,
hugs Heather xx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Mmmm...what a yummie box :) Great design and nice accents.

Liefs, Karen's Doodle Diva's Gallerij!

Renata

Cindy said...

I'd like to see that box in my mailbox about Valentine's day. Lovely job. Thanks so much for sharing at the SSCC Challenge. C2

Ellen said...

I love the box you made!
Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Diva's Gallerij NL.

Ellen

anja said...

great box youde made
thanks for joining us on doodle diva.
gr anja KDDT-NL

Kiki said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! So many lovely details - great job!!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at SAM.

Hugs, Kiki

Gloria Stengel said...

Another cute project! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes.