Thursday, December 16, 2010

First & Last

The challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is to post the first card you made and the newest card you've made. This isn't the first card I made. But it is the first card I posted and the first card I have a photo of. The card I made was just a simple birthday card. This card was made before I stared stamping. It was so weird to look back and see just how much my card style has changed during the past year.This is my newest card. I used Magnolia's Snowy Hug. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. The sketch I used is from The Sweet Stop. I used the color combination of aqua, dark aqua and white. My card base is aqua that is backed in white and backed again in dark aqua. I backed the image the same way. The strip of cardstock behind the image is white embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder (dots) and then I backed it in dark aqua and then in white. I punched two strips of cardstock, one white and one dark aqua, behind the image using a lace heart border punch from Martha Stewart. I layered the white on the dark aqua and added a light aqua with white dots ribbon to the top of the punched strip. I backed my sentiment, "with love at Christmas", in dark aqua and then again in white. I added crystal stickles to all the white cardstock. I added a small snowflake punched out of dark aqua to to the sentiment and added some aquamarine rhinestones to the snowflake and the bottom of the sentiment. I punched out two snowflakes, a large white and a small dark aqua, using two different sized Martha Stewart punches. I added crystal stickles and an aquamarine rhinestone to the snowflake. To the image I added crystal stickles to the snow and white flocking. To finish off my card I added 3 aquamarine rhinestones to the upper left corner.
I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper Cutz: Snowmen or Snowflakes

If The Shoe Fits Scrap It: Texture

All Sorts: Last Minute Christmas Cards

One Stitch At A Time: Anything Goes

The Crafty Pad: Embossing

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central: Winter Wonderland (items from store: stickles, Martha Stewart punches, Magnolia stamp)

Stamps R Us: Anything Goes

Critter Sketch: No Designer Paper

Top Tip Tuesday: Christmas Inspired

Fun With Shapes & More: Scalloped

Creative Inspirations: Anything Goes Christmas

Wags N Whiskers: Snowflakes


~ Supplies Used ~
Magnolia Snowy Hug Rubber Stamp
White Cardstock
DCWV Aqua Cardstock
DCWV Dark Aqua Cardstock
Stickles ~ Crystal
Inkadinkado White Flocking
Basics By Kaiser Craft Aquamarine Rhinestones
American Crafts Aqua With White Dots Ribbon
Martha Stewart Lace Heart Border Punch
EK Success 1 3/8" Circle Punch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Corner Punch
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Dots
Crayola Colored Pencils

Prisma Colored Pencils



17 comments:

lesleyworth said...

adorable!love your use of aqua! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Debs said...

Two fab cards Annie - love the snowman one the MS punch is beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with my Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

debby4000 said...

They are both gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

That's one very elegant first card and I just LOVE the Tilda card. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

The Bug said...

Love how you did this card with different colors! Great job. Thanks so much for entering our Winter Wonderland Challenge over on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central!
Hugs, Wini

Josephine said...

Two fabulous cards. The first is simply elegant, and the second is simply gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at both Crafty Cardmakers and One Stitch at a Time!

Dawnll said...

Another great Magnolia card and such great coloring.
Thanks again for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
Hope to see you real soon.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, lovely layout. :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Lorraine said...

Oooooh, gorgeous. Love your colours. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Cor* said...

More flocking and more traditional colors. Girl you rocked your first card! I love them both! Thanks for sharing your ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS creation with us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight & thanks for showing us your first and last cards at Crafty Cardmakers! Best of luck to you and happy holidays!!

Barbara said...

I love your first card..CAS but your second card is stunning. Love the colors and the layout of both cards. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Deb said...

Wow another gorgeous card, I love the punched details and beautiful coloring, thanks again for joining us at Creative Inspirations
Christmas Wishes
Debs
xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

What super cute cards! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Tammy Miller said...

This card is sweet also! Wonderful embellish and love how you color the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch Challenge. We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Lin said...

I think your first card is really elegant, but as I am a sucker for Tilda your latest is gorgeous.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thanks for joining our First and Last Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Hope to see you back next year.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Dee said...

Very nice Mary, look how far you've come. Your cards look great.

Thanks for playing with Crafty Cardmakers.