Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Christmas Card

I made this Christmas card using this adorable image from Whoopsi Daisy. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. I added crystal stickles on all the white fur on the image. The sketch that I used is from the challenge at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle. The base of my card is green. Then each layer of green cardstock is backed in white cardstock. I punched a strip of white cardstock using a lace heart border punch from Martha Stewart. I added crystal stickles to all the white cardstock including the punched border. I punched 2 snowflakes out of white and 2 smaller snowflakes out of green. I added a green snowflake to the center of the white snowflake. I added crystal stickles to the white snowflake and green stickles to the green snowflake. Then I added a pearl into the center of the snowflakes. I added the sentiment, "May this Christmas be as special as you are", backed in green and then in white to the bottom left corner. I added crystal stickles to the white around the sentiment. I finished my card by adding 3 pearls to the upper left corner and a green and white ribbon to the right side of my card.
I am also entering this card into the following challenges:





A Spoonfull Of Sugar: Christmas Card

Wags N Whiskers: Snowflakes

Craft Your Days Away: Punch It Out

Creative Inspirations: Anything Goes Christmas

Caardvarks: Monochromatic

Wee Memories: Colors Of The Season

Drunken Stampers: Christmas Card

All Sorts: Anything Goes

ABC Christmas: Z Is For Zero (W - Winter Wonderland, G - Glitz)

Die Cut Dreams: Girlie

Top Tip Tuesday: Get Embellishing








~ Supplies Used ~
Whoopsi Daisy Digital Stamp
White Cardstock
Nicole Crafts Green Cardstock
American Crafts Green With White Dots Ribbon
Queen & Company Pearl Pearls
Stickles ~ Crystal
Stickles ~ Green
Martha Stewart Lace Heart Border Punch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Martha Stewart Snowflake Corner Punch
Fiskars Oval Template
Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! great colour too! thanks for joining in with us!! good luck! and hope you will continue to play our challenges in 2011 too! hugs Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

Ann said...

What a darling image! I love all the sparkle you added! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

deesdesigns said...

Oh! Ah! Lovely! Love all of the sparkel and glam on this card and the green is just the perfect color to go with the white. Love the little dolly and the sentiment is wonderful. You did an amazing take on this weeks challenge sketch - I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at SSCS! Happy New Year - Dee

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the colour!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Janie Printz said...

What an amazing card. Love the colors & that WONERFUL glitter you get with the stickles ... Another gorgeous creation ...
Hugs, Janie

Anne said...

Great image and love the green you used!
Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge and Happy New Year!
Hugs
Anne