Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pink Treat Box

This is a treat box that I made using Snowy Hug from Magnolia Stamps. I used 2 shades of pink. One is a couple shades darker than the other. The pinks are called st. valentino (darker) and sugar & spice (lighter). I used st. valentino for the base. I embossed a strip of white cardstock using a cuttlebug embossing folder (dots) and my sizzix machine. I backed the strip of white in sugar & spice. I did the same thing with the piece of white cardstock for the background. I used a white heart paper doily and backed it in sugar and spice and added it to the upper left corner of the back of the box. I then punched out my sentiment, "May this Christmas be as special as you are", using a 1 3/8" circle punch and backed it in sugar & spice and then in white. I punched out a 2" scalloped circle in st. valentino and then backed it in white. I added the sentiment to the scalloped circle and then added it to the heart. I made a bow out of light pink ribbon and added it to the top of the sentiment. I added crystal stickles to the white around the sentiment.

I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. This week's challenge at Paper Sundaes is to cut it out. So I cut out the image and added it to the bottom right corner of the box. I added crystal stickles to the snow on the broom and at the bottom of the image. I added white flocking to the hats and jacket on the image. I added 2 pink rhinestones for the buttons on the image for the challenge at Beary Sweet Challenges (pearls & gems). I punched snowflakes out of the st. valentino cardstock and then smaller snowflakes out of white cardstock. I added the smaller white snowflake to the larger pink snowflake. I added one to each side of the box, one to the upper right back corner and then one to the bottom upper left corner. I added a pink rhinestone to the center of each one.

I am also entering this box into the following challenges:

Sew Many Challenges: Winter

Magnolia Down Under: A Gift For You

ABC Christmas: Z is for Zero (F is for Frosty with xtra of Snow)

Aud Sentiments: Anything Goes

Creative Belli Blog: Christmas

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Digi Doodles Shops Best: Anything Goes

~ Supplies Used ~

Magnolia Stamps Snowy Hug Rubber Stamp

White Cardstock

Coredinations St. Valentino Cardstock

Coredinations Sugar & Spice Cardstock

Queen & Company Pretty In Pink Rhinestones

Stickles ~ Crystal

White Heart Paper Doily

Inkadinkado Flocking

Offray Light Pink Ribbon

Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch

Martha Stewart Snowflake Corner Punch

EK Success 1 3/8" Circle Punch

EK Success 2" Scalloped Circle Punch


29 comments:

Fiona said...

stunning creation, fab colouring and cutting. Thanks for joining us Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous and also cute. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely way to package a gift!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Audrey said...

What a lovely treat box. I love pink in XMas projects. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, that it is adorable! Thanks for playing along with DDSB!

Dana said...

Oh this is just too cute!! I love your Tilda with snowman and your colored is so beautifully!! I also love that heart and your swiss dot embossing!! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!!
Hugs~
Dana

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful little gift!!!
Very clever!!!

Thank you for playing along with us this week at MDUC
hugs, Janiel

Tracy said...

What a beautiful project! Lovely colors and that doily heart is just fab! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute treat box-I love your tilda image-thanks for palying along with the creative belli challenge

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Mary this is beautiful love the shape of this one and all those yummy looking treats, Tilda looks beautiful thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift.Such pretty colours.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift.Such pretty colours.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oh My!! Your little choc box is so cute!! I love everything about it:-) Thanks so much for joining in our girft challenge at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Karen said...

Lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Robin Parker said...

Love this all pink gift bag. Great idea, love the snowman image. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Patricia Mae said...

This is so cute, I love it and it's not a card. Im a big fan of the 3D projects. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges. Happy New Year. This is just an FYI and may not apply to you but I'm putting on all my comments but rembember if your not a follower to become one we have had to not choose some really awesome projects because people didn't follow that would have won.
~Patricia
TBS DT

Patricia Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dragonlady said...

Great work Mary, love the Tilda hugging snowman. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Unknown said...

What an adorable treat box! Thanks for joining us at the Beary Sweet Challenge - We hope to see you again!
Good luck!
Gini

Anonymous said...

really cute box! Love the heart too, and the cute penguin is really fun too! great Frosty snowy project! good luck with the blog hop and challenge! hope you will continue to play our challenges in 2011 too! hugs Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

Jamie said...

This is so cute, what a great idea! And I love the not-so-traditional pink for Christmas, very sweet. Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge, I hope you to see you in our next one too!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

WeirdCat said...

What a fabulous treat box, simply beautiful, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Ruth x

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Wowzers! This is fabulous! Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Ruthie said...

Such a great project - love the image and your colours are fabby

thanks for joining in with Aud Sentiments

Rx

Julie said...

Love this project! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Happy New Year
Julie

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh my! This is just so cute! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes.

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling project!!! Your little tilda is sooo cute and I love the pretty heart!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge!!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Just so sweet, Mary! I love this image of Tilda with her snowman friend! What a pretty colour combo and a great gift idea!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Denise said...

Very cute, love Tilda in Pink
thanks for sharing
Happy New Year
Denise
MDUC