Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowie The Snowman

This week's challenge at Ooh La La is to create a card/project inspired by a Christmas song. The song I chose is FROSTY THE SNOWMAN. So I made this card using this adorable snowman stamp from Magnolia Stamps called Snowie With Snowflake. I used the colors teal, black and white to create a non traditional Christmas card. Which is perfect for the untraditional Christmas challenge at The Creative Cottage. I added both black and white dotted ribbon and dark teal ribbon. To add my snowflake charm I tied it right onto the teal ribbon. I then added crystal stickles on all the white cardstock and on the image for the glitz it up challenge at One Stitch At A Time. I then added a snowflake (white) pearl to the center of the snowflake and 3 nightfall (black) pearls to the upper right corner. The sentiment that I used is one I typed out on my computer.

Christmas is the theme at Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central. In addition to the the theme you also must use at least one item from the store. I've actually used 2 items on my card. The first is the Magnolia Stamp and the second is the stickles.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Sundays With Crissy: Christmas Is Coming or Winter Is Here

Stampavie & More: Snow & Snowflakes

Digi Doodles Shops Best: Let It Snow

Alota Rubber Stamps: Snowflakes

Easy Craft Projects: Snow

The Crafty Pad: Snowflakes

Paper Cutz: Anything Goes

Top Tip Tuesday: Anything Goes

Scrappy Frogs: Christmas Cards


~ Supplies Used ~
Magnolia Snowie With Snowflake Rubber Stamp
White Cardstock
Nicole Crafts Black Cardstock
DCWV Teal Cardstock
Queen & Company Snowflake Pearls
Queen & Company Nightfall Pearls
Stickles ~ Crystal
Snowflake Charm
Black & White Dotted Ribbon
Dark Teal Ribbon
Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils

20 comments:

Barbara said...

Love your snowman card. The card design is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. Next week is our 100th challenge. We hope you will stop and help us celebrate. We have so much fun planned for everyone.

Crissy Armstrong said...

This looks great! What a cute snowman. Also, I love the pearl, the silver edges and the snowflake charm. Thanks for playing at Sundays with Crissy. And you win a free digi of mine for being one of the first twelve players this month! Congratulations! Send me an e-mail!
cmga.63@gmail.com

skylife said...

i just love that snowman. He's so cute! Love the color combination and the snowflake charm.
Thanks for joining us at DDSB

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, adorable snowman and fab colours.
luv
Debby

mrsk06 said...

Totally gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad this week! Sal xx

Unknown said...

Love this. Thnaks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Wendi said...

Wow fabulous card I love that snowflake with the pearl gorgeous
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Anonymous said...

Such a cute snowman.Love all the sparkle too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Choccy said...

A beautiful card. Isnt Snowie cute ?!
Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT for our glitter and bling challenge . Good Luck !

Choccy x

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card and a great snowman. Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Lorraine said...

Oh, I do love that snowman. He's just too cute. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Don't forget to pop back next week for our 100th celebration challenge.

Jóna said...

This is so adorable card !

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best :D Hope to see you again.

All the best to you,
Jóna, DT member at DDSB

Dana said...

This is so darn cute!! I just love the look on his face and that snowflake charm is perfect!! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best : )
Hugs~
Dana

Anne said...

Cute as a button, love the snowflake
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Anne said...

Fantastic creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

Cindy said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this image and you've done a great job with it. Thanks for sharing at the SSCC challenge. C2

Anne said...

Aww this is adorable, love that big snowflake
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Karen said...

Sooo sweet Mary, lovely card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Jodi said...

Beautiful snowman card! I love that pretty pearl and sparkle you added to the snowflake!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, love the sparkle, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x