Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cold & Snowy

I made this Christmas card for my sister. I used Snowy Hug from Magnolia Stamps. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. The base of my card is pink. I embossed the white layer of cardstock using a cuttlebug embossing folder (dots) and my sizzix machine. I added a strip of patterned paper from EK Success the the bottom of the card. I backed the image and sentiment in pink cardstock. To finish my card I added crystal stickles to the image, the top edge of the patterned paper and to the snowflake. I added pink gemstones to the upper left corner and a pink heart gemstone to the snowflake. I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Meljens: Cold & Snowy

A Spoonfull Of Sugar: Christmas Cards

Wags N Whiskers: Snowflakes

All Sorts: Anything Goes

Sweet Stampin: Celebrations

Top Tip Tuesday: Get Embellishing



~ Supplies Used ~
Magnolia Stamps Snowy Hug Rubber Stamp
EK Success Chloe Stripes & Gingham Patterned Paper
White Cardstock
Nicole Crafts Pink Cardstock
Stickles ~ Crystal
Nicole Crafts Pink Heart Gemstones
Queen & Company Pretty In Pink Rhinestones
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Dots
Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils





5 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin that sparkle! Thank you for playing along with Sweet Stampin during our Christmas fortnight challenge. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Sara I. said...

Just saw your card on Meljen's and wanted to tell you how fabulous your card is!! Love the sweet colors, the image is colored perfectly and love the sparkle! Good luck on the challenge!

Janie Printz said...

Hi Mary, just found your wonderful blog & am now a follower so I can see more things you create. I have a lot of Stickles but none sparkle like the stuff you put on these beautiful cards !!! Is it a thicker kind of Stickles ? It's just gorgeous & I MUST find me some ... Your cards are wonderful & I'll be back to check more of them out.
Hugs, Janie

Anne said...

This is another great card, fab use of Stickles!
Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge and Happy New Year!
Hugs
Anne

Lauretta See said...

such a nice card, Thank you for joining us on the snowy, cold challenge at Meljens. New challenge is up, hope you will play again this week :) hugs x