Monday, April 26, 2010

Daisy Doodles Challenge Day ~ Anything But A Card

Good morning! It's challenge day at Daisy Doodles. Today's challenge theme is

ANYTHING BUT A CARD
For my project I chose to make this 8 drawer box. And finished it off using Daisy Doodles Dragonfly.
This is my second attempt at making a box. (You can see my first on here.) I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I found the tutorial for this at KL Stampin n Scrappin. The Tutorial shows you how to create a 4 drawer box. But it's easy enough to add as many layers on as you would like to. So I decided that instead of a 4 drawer box with an easel card on the top. I would create an 8 drawer box with a flat top and finished it off with a couple paper flowers and dragonflies.
Well, now it's your turn. Show us what you can make using this week's theme. Head on over to Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges to find out more about this challenge.

Looking for some new images? Jules has just added some really cute images into her store at Scrappetizing. The Dragonfly image that I used on my project this week is just $1! You definately can't beat that!!!

Don't forget to check out all the DT blogs this week. The projects we have to show you are gonna nock your socks off!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

For Fun Challenges: Anything But A Card

Digital Tuesday: April Showers/Flowers

Dare U 2 Digi Stamps: Flowers

One Stitch At A Time: Flowers


13 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

What a pretty blue box...and flowers on top with dragonflies. Amazing that you could transform a four drawer box into one with eight drawers. what a fabulous gift idea!

Unknown said...

The box is beautiful, love the blue!

Helen Dooley said...

Mary what a gorgeous box. That is such a cute gift. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at For Fun Challenges.

Sandy O said...

This is really pretty. It looks so hard, LOL. I adore blue, so, of course, I love the colors you used, LOL

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow, Mary this is awesome what an inspiration you are I have made the four drawer before but not and eight one maybe I will give it ago because this one you are showing here is just fabulous thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week. Oh by the way Sew Many Challenges have an Anything Goes challenge this week, the link is on my blog if you want to edit
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Box lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

cheryl said...

oh this is such a gorjus box,love the colurs
and detail,thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Love hugs cheryl x

Ellibelle said...

Oh wow what an amazing project. Love it! Great color choice too!
Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

Tammy said...

Such a pretty creation....thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.
smiles...Tammy

Sam said...

This is great Mary - totally brill!! I'll have to have a look at that tute me thinks - when I get time that is! Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
Sam x

stitchy said...

Mary this would be a lovely gift for a little girl..so beautiful, you are so very talented..thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT - good luck hun

stitchy xoxox

Liz said...

Beautiful project and well made with great flowers too thanks for entering OSAAT challenges this week

Liz x

thread-bare said...

Aww this drawer box is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT xx Clare (DT) x