Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Teddy Bear Love

Hi all.... well, we had another snow day here in Maine.  But it finally has stopped and it looks like my kids might actually make it back to school tomorrow.  But I was happy to have another day with them home and I even spent a little time being crafty and made this birthday card.
 
The sketch I used is from the current "take your pick" challenge at Papertake Weekly.  I ended up rotating the sketch so that the text would be on the side instead of the bottom.
 
 
To create my card I started with a 5 x 5 card base.  I added a piece of blue plaid patterned paper backed in white card stock. I cut a piece of red and white star patterned paper mimicking the shape on the sketch and layered that onto the blue plaid.  I embossed a small rectangle of lightning blue card stock using a dot embossing folder, backed it in white card stock and added it to the bottom of the red and white star paper. I punched a piece of white card stock using an eyelet lace border punch, added a piece of red ribbon to it and placed it going down the card. The image I used is Teddy Bear Love from Belles n Whistles. I colored it using Spectrum Noir pens and backed it in red and white card stock.  I decided to place the image at an angle on the card so that more of the shape of the paper behind would show.  I layered a white paper flower onto a blue paper flower and added a red goosebump to the center. I added the flower to the bottom corner of the image.  I stamped the sentiment "happy birthday" directly onto the blue plaid paper at the top corner of the card and added 3 red goosebumps under the sentiment.  I also added 3 more red goosebumps at an angle to the top corner of the image.
 

 
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
 
 
Make My Monday: Bright and Cheery Colors
 
The Paper Shelter: Layers and Lots of Them
 
Craft Horders Anonymous: Choose Your Challenge - Markers, Ribbon, Punching, Stamping, Embossing, Bling and Flowers
 
 
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
 
 
Penny's Paper Crafty: Anything Goes
 
Crafty Catz: Oh My Teddies
 
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
 
The Pink Elephant: Anything Goes
 
My Creative Moments: Anything Goes
 
Sweet Stampin: Cute and Cuddly
 
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge: Anything Goes with a Twist.....Add Layers
 
Crazy 4 Challenges: Make a Card with Opposites on it  (warm color - red and cool color - blue)
 
 
Spectrum Noir: Anything Goes
 
Kit and Clowder: Anything Goes
 
 
 
Image
Belles n Whistles Teddy Bear Love Rubber Stamp
 
Sentiment
Stampendous Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set
 
Papers
Coredinations Red Card Stock
The Paper Studio The Basics Paper Pad - Blue Plaid Patterned Paper
Red Star Patterned Paper
Coredinations Blue Lightening Card Stock
White Card Stock
 
Embellishments
Studio G White Paper Flower
Studio G Blue Paper Flower
Queen & Co Red Twinkle Goosebumps
Darice Basic Expressions Red 3/8" Ribbon
 
Tools
Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border Punch
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dots
 
Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir Pens
PP1, FS2, DR3, GB8, TB3 

 


25 comments:

Joan said...

Lovely use of bright colors!!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Joan dt

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a pretty card. Love the image and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us again for the challenge here at CCK.
Linda K. DT

Lin said...

Sweet image and I love that blue with the red, Mary! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Teresa said...

Your card is really gorgeous. I love the colors and the image you colored is super cute too. Thank you for sharing it with us on the Craft Hoarders challenge this month :)

Chris said...

Beautiful card, a sweet image, lovely design and colour combo!
Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Unknown said...

Love your layout and the super bright colours. That looks like a great sketch to work with. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge January 2015 and Good Luck! Del xx

Ellibelle said...

Such an adorable stamp and beautiful card! Love the sketch!
So happy you played along again in my Monday Morning challenge!

Ellie from My Creative Moments

Glenda said...

Your card is lovely and I love the red, white and blue colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! The sweetest image! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

Sue said...

Such a lovely bright card! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue DT x

Lynne said...

Super sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge DT

Colette said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image, fab layout and lots of layers, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter Lots of Layers challenge this week, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Marina said...

Great red and blue combo , lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Michelle said...

She looks lovely.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
xxx Michelle(DT)

CraftYourPassion said...

The colours are so fresh.Makes for a very cheerful card.Sweet image too.
Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh lovin the cute card!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at MMM with
This delightful card.
Suzi B x

creative lady said...

Nice take on the sketch. Love your image and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Laura W said...

Super cute, love the colours you used.

Unknown said...

Adorable!
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Pammejo said...

Super Cute Card, love the image and sketch design...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Lovely! Such a beautiful job. Thank you for sharing with us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Please join us again it is fun to see your lovely work!

Fliss said...

Really beautiful creation and thanks for sharing it with us at MMM last week.
Fliss DT x

Gloria Stengel said...

I love these bright colors. I adore that image. I just saw her in my hoard yesterday! I have not colored her for some time! You made her look just so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!