Thursday, January 8, 2015

Max

I got a chance to make a couple cards today.  The first card is a birthday card I made for my cousin who turned 12 on New Years Day.  I used this week's sketch from Sketchy Colors Challenge.  I ended up flipping the sketch on it's side. 



Some of the challenges that I have listed below call for something new in the challenge.  I chose to use a "new stash" item for my "new".  For Christmas my parents bought me a Cuttlebug machine!! This is my very first time using it.  Any embossing I had done in the past was with my Sizzix machine. Which wasn't too bad but let me tell you a Cuttlebug is so much more quicker than using the Sizzix, not to mention so much more fun.  And since I only ever used my Sizzix machine to emboss I gave my mom my Sizzix machine.  I can't wait til Saturday when I'll have a chance to play around with it again while my hubby is at work. 


Here's my finished card.
 

The image I used is Max from The Greeting Farm.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Fantasy Stampers: Happy Birthday

Kraftin' Kimmie: Anything Goes


Crafty Calendar: What's New (new tool)

Kit and Clowder: Anything Goes

Fun With Shapes And More: Everything Is New (new tool)


Sweet Stampin Challenge: New (new tool)

Totally Gorjuss: Anything Goes

Catch The Bug: Anything Goes

A Gem of a Challenge: Something New (new tool)

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Make New Friends But Keep The Old (new tool) (old stamp)

My Creative Moments - Monday Morning Challenge: New Somethings (new tool)

Clear It Out Challenge: Theme: Anything Goes  Stash: Anything Goes

Loves Rubber Stamps: Anything Goes

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

Inky Impressions: Something New (new tool)

Penny's Paper Crafty: Anything Goes

Creative Card Crew: For A Child

Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes


Card Ingredients

Image
 The Greeting Farm - Max - Rubber Stamp

Sentiment
 Stampendous Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set

Paper
 Nicole Crafts Midnight Blue Card Stock
White Card Stock
 Coredinations Burgundy Card Stock
 Paper Pizazz Patriotic Stripes Patterned Paper

Tools
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dots
Cuttlebug

Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir Pens - FS2, FS3, IG2, GB8, TB3, DR3, IG6

16 comments:

jonim52 said...

Adorable card. Have fun with your new Cuttlebug. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Lucky girlie, what a gorgeous Christmas pressie! Love that sweet boy image and your fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us in our 'New' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I look forward to seeing more of your crafty Cuttlebug skills in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a lovely card and great use of your cuttlebug. Just perfect for our 'new' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Jen Leeflang said...

How very sweet - I love the colours you chose! Thanks so much for joining us for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge this week. Pop back soon to see if you’re a winner, and to join in the new challenge here at Bugaboo’s Catch the Bug blog.
Love
Jen Leeflang (BUGABOO STAMPS)

paper fun said...

Very cute card. I really love the colors.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Awesome colours and image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for playing along with us @ CIO challenge blog...stop by and play with us again <((><
Great project you have entered :)

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Mary. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Kathy said...

Perfect card for a 12 year old, all boys love "gaming". Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug last week. Hope you will play along again this week.

Shanna Shands said...

Great birthday card. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

JayBe said...

A great design - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

Synnøve said...

Great card! I really like the design and colours! Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors this week!

Unknown said...

Great card! I love the stamp you used! Great for a boy! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card :) I love the image! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Creative Card Crew

Jo said...

Lovely card, great layout & image.....perfect for a young boy! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

Cindy Groh said...

Fantastic male card.