Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Summer Tilda With Bow

Hi all..... so one of the things that I've decided to do craft wise this year is to try some new techniques.  So when I saw the current challenge at Magnolia Mania I thought "why not". Since I have always stayed away from the thought of coloring my image in nothing but a black and white theme this was a big challenge for me.  I definitely have some work to do to improve, but I'm very excited about how my very first shot at this turned out.

Here is my card...... 


To create my card I started with a black card base.  I cut a piece of white card stock slightly smaller than the base and inked around the edges with a black stamp pad.  I cut a piece of black and white striped card stock, inked the edges and backed it in black.  I did the same with a piece of black and white dotted card stock. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock, inked around the edges and backed it in black card stock.  I colored the image using different shades of gray Spectrum Noir pens. I then inked around the edges and backed it in black card stock.  I punched 4 small butterflies out of black card stock using a butterfly punch from Martha Stewart.  I added liquid pearls to the center of each butterfly and added 2 to the image and 2 to the sentiment.  I also added 3 snowflake pearls to the corner of the image and 3 more to the corner of the striped card stock.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Mania: Black and White


Dream Valley Challenges: Anything Goes

Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

Moving Along With The Times: Dies and/or Punches


Spectrum Noir: Anything Goes


Image
Magnolia Stamps Summer Tilda With Bow Rubber Stamp

Sentiment
Stampendous Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set

Paper
Canvas Corp Black & White Mini Dot Reverse Card Stock
Canvas Corp Black & White Ribbon Stripe Card Stock
White Card Stock
The Paper Company Black Card Stock

Embellishments
Ranger Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Queen & Co Snowflake Pearls

Tools
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch

Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir Pens
IG1, IG2, IG4, IG6, IG8, IG10


5 comments:

Craft buddy said...

I love a good monochrome card! Those little butterflies really add great dimension. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times this week! xJessie

Momente auf`s Papier gebracht said...

hello mary,
beautiful birthday-card, thankyou for joining us at the magnolia mania, greetings from sonja

Caro-ART said...

Beautiful card :) Thanks for joining us Dream Valley Challenge

MagsB said...

This is really striking, Mary! Your monochrome colouring is so clever! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Tanjas-Kreativstueble said...

wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-Mania

hugs
Tanja