Thursday, January 22, 2015

Flower Jar

This is my take on Day 4 of the Birthday Bash going on over at Catch The Bug Challenges.  The challenge is a color challenge with this color pallet.....  


I used all six colors in my image but decided to use only one of the colors in my card.  I felt that this helped bring more attention to the boldness of the image and help it POP off the card.  


To create my card I used the following sketch from Crafting When We Can.....

I started with a turquoise card base. I colored the image using Spectrum Noir pens.  The embossing in done using a Cuttlebug dots embossing folder.  The gems are blue bubbles from Queen & Co.  I backed everything in turquoise card stock and added it to a piece of white card stock.

I am entering this card into the following challenges;

Crafting When We Can: Sketch

Catch The Bug Challenges: Birthday Bash Day 4 - Color Challenge

Spectrum Noir: Anything Goes

All Sorts: Spring Flowers

Little Miss Muffet: Anything Goes



Image
Bugaboo Stamps Flower Jar Digital Stamp

Sentiment
Stampendous Birthday Whishes Rubber Stamp Set

Paper
Cloud 9 Designs Pearlescent Paper Pad - Turquoise Card Stock
White Card Stock

Embellishments
Queen & Co Blue Bubbles

Tools
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dots

Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir Pens
BT1, BT2, BT5, PL2, PP1, PP5, CT1, CG1


5 comments:

Tracy said...

This is fabulous. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck. Happy crafting Tracy x

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us on Day Four of our Birthday Celebration at Bugaboo Stamps.
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

susiestacey said...

Lovely fresh card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Spring Flowers' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Kathy said...

Cute! Love the jar of flowers and that's a nice eye catching layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Miss Muffet and Bugaboo's 5th Birthday celebration.

Poppet said...

A beautiful card Mary. I love the dimension you have on your card with the use of the dotty embossing. Your jar of flowers looks very fresh and reminiscent of my flower jar (errr) vase. :-)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx