Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Purple Keep It Simple

Hi all! I was able to get a couple hours of crafting in today.  I wanted to do a simple card and thought this sketch from Sketch Saturday was just the perfect sketch to do that.  
I started with a purple card base (wild pansy to be exact).  I cut a piece of purple plaid patterned paper and added it to the bottom of the card.  To the top half I added a piece of light purple card stock that I embossed with a flower embossing folder from Cuttlebug and then I rounded the corners off using a corner punch from EK Success. I added a white ribbon across the center where the two papers meet.  I layered a light purple paper daisy onto a slightly larger white paper daisy and then layered them onto a large purple paper daisy. I added a purple rhinestone in the very center and 3 more on the ribbon.


 I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday:  Sketch

Sister Act Card Challenge:  Anything Goes

Catch The Bug: Bingo  (diagonal) - Ribbon - Flowers - Texture

Papertake Weekly: It's All New (new rhinestones & new embossing folder)

Sweet Lilac Paper Flowers: Anything Goes

Fun with Shapes and More: Everything Is New (rhinestones & embossing folder)

Natalie & Amy's Challenge: All Things New (rhinestones & embossing folder)

My Creative Moments: New Somethings (rhinestones & embossing folder)

Crazy 4 Challenges: Clean and Simple

Top Tip Tuesday: Keep It Simple


CARD INGREDIENTS

Paper
Bazzill Basics Wild Pansy Card Stock
Recollections Purple Passion Card Stock Pack - Light Purple Card Stock
Paper Pizazz Purple Plaid Patterned Paper

Embellishments
Prima Paper Flowers - Small White Daisy
Prima Paper Flowers - Small Light Purple Daisy
Prima Paper Flowers -Large Purple Daisy
Darice Basic Expressions White 3/8" Ribbon
Darice Purple Rhinestones

Tools
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Flowers
EK Success Corner Rounder Punch

4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Such a pretty clean and simple card, nice layout :)

Kathy S said...

Lovely spring colors with great embossing texture. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and we hope you will come back next week and show us more!

Billie A said...

Love the spring colors and I am so ready for it.. I love the C&S look it's very pretty. thanks for joining us at Catch the bug and hope you join us Saturday the 17th for our birthday bash we're turning 5.

Ellibelle said...

Love the shades of purple! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along in my Monday Morning challenge!