Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daisy Doodles Treasure Hunt

Arrggg! Welcome to me blog! Ye be at the blog of Boatswain Mary Read. If ye have just stopped by Gunner Jane de Belleville ye be on the right track to find the booty! But if ye just be joining in now ye need to find ye way over to the beginning of this here treasure hunt. Ye can find the beginning on the challenge blog. Ye want to start at the beginning as there be great treasure to find. Be sure ye collect all the puzzle pieces along the way for ye chance at grabbing the treasure. Arrggg!!! What's that ye say? Ye want to know what the treasure is? It be this here new release stamp set from Daisy's Digi Doodles and a $5 certificate to grab some more riches. Arrggg!!
This here be me card me made. As ye can see the images me used be Pirate Freddy, the sentiment and the map. What's that ye say? Me map looks different than the image. Well... me took the map and me printed it on tan cardstock and me tore it out. Then me distressed it even more by crumpleing it up over and over. Then me took brown chalk and me distressed it even more. Until me got that beat up map look. Me repeated it on the white strip and red strip of cardtock. But on me red strip me did a little embossing too. Then me added rubies to me card. What be a pirate card with no rubies. Arrgggg!!!



So what ye be waiting for? Arrggg!!! Grab ye puzzle piece and find ye way over to Cabin Gal Cec de Bois' and find ye next piece to get ye a little closer to the treasure. But don't be too quick to leave me blog. Don't forget ye need to leave me a little comment as part of this treasure hunt. Don't ye forget ye have until Saturday 8pm EST to complete the treasure hunt for ye chance to claim the treasure. Arrggg!!!


I be entering me card into the following challenges:




Paper Sundaes: Lots Of Layers


Anns Creative Nook: Anything Goes


The Cuttlebug Spot: Sketch (mirrored the sketch to add the sentiment to the opposite side)


Incy Wincy: Distress It


KL Stampin n Scrappin: Dry Embossing



Card Recipe:



Image: Daisy's Digi Doodles Ahoy Matey Digital Stamp Set


Paper: Nicole Crafts Red Cardstock, White Cardstock, Nicole Crafts Tan Cardstock, Nicole Crafts Brown Cardstock


Embellishments: Nicole Crafts Red Gemstones


Tools: Fiskars Fabric Texture Plate


Other: Crayola Colored Pencils, Pebbles Inc Pearlescent Chalk Set
Boatswain Mary Read

25 comments:

Jacilynn said...

What a great project. this paper is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at KLSNS.
;) Jacilynn

Alica said...

cool treasure hunt card! The red paper looks great!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Joanne Gilch said...

Love how you did your post and your card is so cute with the map in the background.

TinaB said...

Ypur card is great!! Love your posting too xx

Monika Reeck said...

The red paper looks like an old paper also the brown map too...great idear Mary...Lovely card...hugs, Monika

Jane said...

Your post is so cute!!! I love your card too.
Hugs xx

Rhonda said...

hello me seafarin' hearty matey. Yer post be great an' so be yer card. Well done!

DQ said...

Mary, what a super cute card, love it

Risa said...

Oh wow....what a super cute card!!! Your image is adorable and I love the way you detailed it!!! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS and I hope to see you again soon!
hugs
Risa:)

HappyCrafter said...

Very fun, and great job with that map! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Brook said...

I love all of the distressing you did to your card. Looks like it's been on the high seas for a while. Thanks for sharing.

Nikka Geers said...

oh the pirates life

Stacy Walker said...

very nice card. what a fun image and blog hop.

Neeti said...

Lovely card you have made Mary. I love the work you ve done with the papers :) and the booty is so gr8 :)
xoxo, Neeti

Anonymous said...

How cute. I love how you used the paper for a map. Way cool.

Poppet said...

The distressing was worth it the card looks great. :-) xx

Shelley said...

What a fab treasure hunting card, I love it. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx

Beverly G said...

What pirate isn't crumpled and they have to have jewels, great card.

stampingandstitching said...

Such a brilliant pirate card! Love your design and all the details!

*Alison* said...

this is so cute.. I love the strips of paper, and how you used the map behind the bear.. off to the next treasure!! thanks for sharing your talent with us..HUGS

jintyoo7 said...

Funny girl. Love the card and your pirate lingo.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Fabulous take on the embossing challenge! Thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Heather "Hev" said...

This is great :)

Thank you for joining us this week over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Have a wonderful week
Heather
my blog

Ann said...

Too cute!!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

Michelle said...

Cute card:-) this is such a cool set..