Thursday, February 24, 2011

Think Spring

I made this card using Wonder from Mo's Digital Pencil. The sketch that I used is from this week's challenge at The Sweet Stop. The spin on the challenge this week is to think spring. The challenge at Mo's Challenges is to create a card using spring colors with handmade flower embellishments. I made the flowers by punching 6 daisies out of pink cardstock. I lightly inked the tips of each petal with a slightly darker ink pad. I then folded each petal in half and layered all six daisies. I finished it off by adding a blue pearl to the center and a leaf in behind the flower.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

All Sorts: Nature

Digital Tuesday: Punches

Incy Wincy: Punches/Dies

Pixie Cottage: Something Cute

Stampin B's: Flowers

Wags And Whiskers: Punches


~ Supplies Used ~
Mo's Digital Pencil Too Wonder Digital Stamp
Pastel Green Cardstock

Pastel Blue Cardstock

White Cardstock
Pink Cardstock
Basics By Kaiser Crafts Demin Pearls
EK Success Rock Fern Punch
EK Success Daisy Punch
Studio G Pink Ink Pad
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Dots
Prisma Colored Pencils
Crayola Colored Pencils


9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is so super cute,love that image,and your colurs and detail are just brilliant bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Davi said...

The image is tooo cute and love the embossing with it. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Pixie Cottage.

Elaine L. said...

I love the simple layout that highlights this sweet image! Love the colors, too! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

Annette said...

I love those flowers, they're fab. The image is beautifully coloured and the pearls are a lovely touch. I love the embossing too, a really simple effect, but it finishes the card off beautifully. Thanks for joining in with our die/punches theme at Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see you again next week. Annette xx

Annette said...

Hi Mary, I'm back again to tell you there is something for you on my blog!!

Fleur said...

Oh this is gorgeous,
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Pat said...

Hi Mary...what a darling little card! I so love this little Mo Manning image and you've colored her beautifully!! I'm so tickled that you've joined us this week at Mo's! Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

Really lovely card, Mary! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s DP2 Challenge!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Adrina said...

Lovely card, sweet image!!
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX