Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birthday Girl

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My daughter, Rebecca, will be turning 6 on November 17th. Why am I posting about her birthday now? Well, because I just finished her birthday card. What do you think? I just received this stamp as part of some candy that I had won. This is an Elizabeth Bell stamp, called Dolly. Isn't it just the cutest!?!

The color theme of her birthday this year is pink and brown. So when I saw that the challenge this week at Peachy Keen was to create a card using the colors brown and pink, adding in some ribbon and a touch of glitter I knew that this was the perfect excuse to sit down and make a birthday card for her. But as you can see in my card I forgot one very important part of the card.....GLITTER. I can't believe I forgot to add glitter to my card! I love glitter! I could go back and add the glitter in somewhere. But I'm really happy with the way my card turned out and I didn't want to take the chance that I would mess it up in the process of adding glitter onto it. So I won't be entering this card into the Peachy Keen challenge. I still have a few days left to enter that challenge. (As long as I remember my glitter next time!)



I am able to still enter this card into a challenge. I used the sketch from the 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge to help design my card. There are some really great cards posted by the DT over at 3 Clovers! Be sure to check them all out. Here is the sketch that they provided for the challenge this week: (Sketch #36)


Supplies
Image: Elizabeth Bell for SCACD Stamp ~ Dolly
Lace: Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch
Ribbon: Making Memories MM Kids Trims ~ Kate
Flowers: Fabric Flowers ~ Pink & White
Cardstock: Brown, Lt. Brown, White & Pink
Sentiment: Computer Font ~ FrancineHmkBold

No comments: