Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Even Love The Box!

This is the card I created for this week's celebration challenge at Mo's Digital Challeges. I am celebrating Christmas with this adorable image called I Even Love The Box.   I used the sketch from Crafty Catz.  The base of my card is red. I cut a piece of hunter green a little smaller than the card base and backed it in white.  I added faux stitching around the hunter green using a white pen.  I added a white satin ribbon down the side.  I cut a rectangle out of red card stock and backed it in white. I added faux stitching around the red. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. I cut the image in a circle. I backed it in hunter green and cut around it using scalloped scissors. I then backed it in white and cut around it again.  I stamped the word JOY on white card stock and punched it out using a circle punch. I backed it in hunter green and cut around it.  Then again in white and cut around it using scalloped scissors. I added 2 green and 2 red star buttons.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Delicious Doodles: Cute As A Button

Christmas Stampin All Year Long: Photo Inspiration (colors)

Stamp With Fun: Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday: Anything Goes

Fun With Shapes & More: Christmas With Stars



SUPPLIES:

IMAGE: Mo's Digital Pencil I Even Love The Box Digital Stamp
SENTIMENT: Studio G Christmas Sentiment
PAPER: Bazzill Basics Hunter Green Card Stock, White Card Stock, The Paper Company Red Card Stock
EMBELLISHMENTS: Green Star Buttons, Red Star Buttons, White Satin Ribbon
TOOLS: Fiskars Circle Template, Scallop Scissors
OTHER: Crayola Colored Pencils

9 comments:

Elaine L. said...

So cute! Love the chunky little stars! I have to get started on my Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us in Mo's 100th Challenge celebration, and good luck in the draw!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mary
A gorgeous card love the image of Mo's a fabulous take on this week's sketch thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

MacKenzie said...

I like the white doodle lines - they look great! I'm thrilled that you joined us for our photo inspiration challenge this week over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

Janette said...

Hi Mary, You made a gorgeous job of our Sketch at CraftyCatz this week. a beautiful sweet card, thanks for joining us.xx

upc said...

A great and wonderful texture of this card, Using two various border and colours of this card is totally stunning, I never used this technique in my card creation, will try and share soon.

Unknown said...

What a great job with our challenge. I hope to see you next week at CSAYL!

Unknown said...

A lovely card thanks for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week
Luv Jane xxx

business first aid kit said...

Mary, A gorgeous card and the image is truly fabulous to take on this week's sketch, I appreciate you for joining this week at CraftyCatz.

Unknown said...

Superb card, thanks playing along with Delicious Doodlbes this week
hugs
Ildiko