Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Distressed Witch

I created this halloween card using Fancy Sunbonnet Witch from Bugaboo Stamps. The base of my card is black card stock. I added a piece of striped card stock that I inked the edges using a black ink pad.  I cut a block of purple card stock, inked the edges and backed it in black card stock. I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils, cut it into a square, inked the edges and backed it in black card stock. I cut a square piece of orange card stock then cut it in half diagonally.  Then I inked the edges of each triangle. I added gold stickles to the buckle on the hat and on the boot.  I added green rhinestones to finish the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin: Anything But Birthdays With Optional Sketch

Catch The Bug: Anything Goes

Whoopsi Daisy: Let's Bling It


Stamptacular Sunday: The Sky's The Limit

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

The Crazy Challenge: Spots And/Or Stripes

Dutch Dare: Photo Inspiration

Stamp Something: Digi Day



SUPPLIES USED

IMAGE:
Bugaboo Stamps Fancy Sun Bonnet Witch Digital Stamp
PAPER: Bazzill Basics Black Card Stock, White Card Stock, The Paper Co Orange Card Stock, K & Co Halloween Paper Pack ~ Stripes
EMBELLISHMENTS: Nicole Crafts Green Rhinestones, Gold Stickles
OTHER: Crayola Colored Pencils, Prisma Colored Pencils, Whispers Black Ink Pad

14 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love you take on this adorable image. I just did a card today with this cute image. Your colors, distressing and layout are wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Catch the Bug challenge.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute Halloween card. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy. You could also enter the challenge at Squiggle Stamps which is Spooky. There is also a bloghop which finishes today. Loads of prizes to be won. I also have a mega candy on my blog. Marianne x

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

Lovely halloween card you made. I like this image and you colored it great. Love the colorchoise as well.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs Marianne

Gaynor Greaves said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with OSAATand good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh I do love this orange /purple scheme. Fab take on the sketch ^ a super little image & the distressing is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Mary, so sorry I meant to let you know that we only allow 2 entries to our challenge for the purpose of choosing spotlight/prizes. If you wish to link up more, you are free to do so but any after 2 cannot be counted for prizes & spotlight. Thanks for playing along & hope to see you again soon x

Sheri said...

I ADORE this card! The colors and inking are FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing with us at WHOOPSI DAISY ;-)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super sweet Mary! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

Good luck!

Hugs, Kelly

Fiona said...

this is fab and great to see use our optional sketch. I love halloween cards too.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Jennifer Moore said...

Lovely card. Love the inked edges.

Choccy said...

Adorable card. !!
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge. Good Luck ! Hope to see you back soon. :O)

Choccy DT Co ordinator x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Another wonderful creation Mary, I just love this image and great colors and paper choices. Thanks so much for playing again at WHOOPSI DAISY and OSAAT this week!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Jill said...

aww this is one cute halloween card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx