Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Fall

This is the card I created using this week's freebie from Designed 2 Delight.  The sketch I followed is from Sunday Sketch & Stamp.  The base of my card is brown.  For the 3 strips running down the card I used olive green, a brown striped patterned paper (from my box of scraps) and orange.  Around each strip I added faux stitching.  I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils, cut the image out in a square, added faux stitching and backed it in burgundy card stock.  For the sentiment I punched a 1 3/8" circle. On the circle I wrote the sentiment happy fall, added faux stitching, backed it in yellow card stock and cut around it using scalloped scissors.  I added burgundy pearls to the upper corner of the green and the lower corner of the orange. I also added a bow made out of raffia to the sentiment.


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamp Something: Anything Goes

Sukkersott: Use A Digital Stamp

Paper Cutz: Pumpkin Patch

Critter Sketch: Photo Inspiration

Digital Tuesday: Celebrate The Season

Everybody Art: Flowers

I Did It Creations: Anything Goes

Crazy 4 Challenges: Orange, Olive Green, Yellow & Brown

Craft Your Passion: Use The "F" Word  (Fall)


Pile It On: Layer It



SUPPLIES USED
IMAGE: Designed 2 Delight Wheelbarrow Fall Freebie
SENTIMENT: Hand Written
PAPER: DCWV Spring Card Stock Stack ~ Olive Green, DCWV Spring Card Stock Stack ~ Yellow, White Card Stock, Bazzill Basics Brown Card Stock, Bazzill Basics Burgundy Card Stock, The Paper Company Brown Card Stock, Brown Striped Patterned Paper
EMBELLISHMENTS: Burgundy Pearls, Raffia
TOOLS: Scallop Scissors, EK Success 1 3/8" Circle Punch
OTHER: Crayola Colored Pencils, Prisma Colored Pencils

8 comments:

Kari said...

Wonderful card! Love the bow!
Thank you for joining Sukkersøtt this week and good luck!

HUgs,Kari :)

Peggysue said...

Mary, this card is just gorgeous. All the little design touches really tie in well together. Love the colors and that raffia bow. (note to self-dig out raffia!!) I’m so glad you joined our Autumn Harvest challenge at Designed2Delight. Please come back again next week!

Gro said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining Sukkersøtt this week.Good luck!
Hugs, Gro

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a great LO, really wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us again this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Pat said...

Beautiful Autumn card! I love the added faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at D2D this week.

Tracey said...

Fab card, I love the colours :)
Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Digi Darla said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors! Very well done! Hugs~Darla

Michelle Pearson said...

very fun fall card!

Thanks for playing the Digital Tuesday Challenge! :)