Monday, February 16, 2015

Tinkerbell

Hello and thanks for stopping by! I created this birthday card as an entry into the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Guest Contest over on Facebook. 


For my card I used Tinkerbell from  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. I colored her using Spectrum Noir pens and added silver stickles to her bells and diamond stickles to her wings and eyebrows.


To create my card I started with a 5 x 5" white card base.  I covered it in rain card stock. Then I cut a piece of black card stock just slightly smaller than the card base.  To the black piece I added a piece of white striped card stock, a piece of aqua card stock that I embossed using a dot embossing folder and a piece of aqua sponge card stock.  I also added a piece of licorice seam binding before adding it to the card base.

I stamped the sentiment "wishing you a special day to celebrate your birthday" directly onto the aqua sponge card stock piece.  Before adding the image to my card I backed it in aqua and rain card stock.  I added a pale purple rose to the center of a white paper flower and added it to the seam binding.  To finish my card I added 3 purple gems to the upper corner of my card and 3 more under the image.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Southern Girls Challenge: Winged Things

Corrosive Challenge: Things With Wings

Come and Get It: Birthdays

Robyns Fetish Challenge: Square Cards

Digi Designs Challenge: Lots of Embellishments

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge: Anything Goes

Penny's Paper Crafty: Embossing

Sister Act Card Challenge: Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant: Birthdays


Image
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Tinkerbell Rubber Stamp

Sentiment
Stampendous Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set

Paper
Bazzil Basics Rain Card Stock
White Card Stock
Nicole Crafts Black Card Stock
Bazzil Basics Aqua Card Stock
Aqua Sponge Card Stock

Embellishments
Darice Purple Gems
Prima White Paper Flower
Diamond Stickles
Silver Stickles
Pale Purple Paper Rose
Paper Sweeties Licorice Seam Binding

Tools
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dots

Coloring Tools
Spectrum Noir
PP1, IG1, BT2, BT4, BT5, FS2, GB8, GB10



6 comments:

cass said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week for our Square Card challenge

Kim Kutie said...

Cute!Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Laura W said...

Great card, love her wings :) Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenge-see you Wednesday for a new one :)

N-Eva said...

Love your card and the image is perfect. Thank you for your time to play with us at Come And Get It challenge .Hugs Neva

* Shell B.* said...

Super cute card, great image & design!

Glad that you could join us for the birthday challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card..Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge.
Wendy xx