Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lucy's Flower--Valentine/Love

For Valentine's Day this year my wonderful hubby bought me 5 packages of Spectrum Noir pens.  I've been wanting them for a while now but just never felt ready to spend that much money on markers. If your a regular to my blog than you know that I almost always use Crayola and Prisma colored pencils as my coloring medium. So I got to play around with them for my card for this week's challenge at 2 Sisters and I have to say that I LOVE THEM!!! I can't wait to sit down and play with them again and of course I am definitely willing and ready to purchase some more of the sets. Anyway.... this week at 2 Sisters our theme is Valentines/Love.  We are sponsored one final time by The Digi Garden. I love Jacqui's images. They are so adorable and so much fun to play with. What an amazing artist she was.  Jacqui you will be missed. 

  The image I used is called Lucy's Flower. 



To create my card I started with a white card base and covered the front with a blue floral patterned paper.  To the bottom of the card I added a piece of evening surf card stock with a dark blue ribbon added across the center of it.  I added 3 blue Twinkle Goose Bumps to the center of the ribbon.  To the top of the card I cut a piece of vibrant blue card stock and added it to a piece of the evening surf card stock.  I punched the bottom of the evening surf using an eyelet lace border punch.  I colored the iamge and backed it in evening surf and then again in white and added it to one side of the vibrant blue card stock.  I stamped hearts beside the image and colored them in with markers.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:



Creative Belli Blog: Valentines/Hearts

Inky Impressions: Ribbon/Twine

Crafty Creations: Love/Hearts

Charisma Cardz: Anything Goes

Papertake Weekly: Hearts/Flowers

Natalie & Amy's Challenge: Something Old (paper) and Something New (twinkle goose bumps)



Card Ingredients

The Digi Garden Lucy's Flower Digital Stamp
Studio G valentine Rubber Stamp Set
White Card Stock
Bazzill Basics Evening Surf Card Stock
Bazzill Basics Vibrant Blue Card Stock
Blue Floral Patterned Paper
Studio G Blue Twinkle Goose Bumps
American Crafts Dark Blue Ribbon
Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border Punch
Spectrum Noir Pens ~ FS2, FS6, TB2, TB1, TB9
Marvy LePlume II Pens ~ 60 (salvia blue), 68 (daffodil yellow)
American Crafts Chromatix Pens ~ Chestnut 1, Chestnut 2


4 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely card Mary, love that heart stamp along the side and your goosebumps at the bottom, they look neat. Thanks for joining us this month at Natalie & Amy's.
hugs
Donna

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty card, love the stamped hearts!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

* Shell B.* said...

Adorable card Mary, great design & lovely heart stamped image!

So glad that you joined us for the Bling with Southern Girls Challenges!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´Shell in Alaska♥