Saturday, December 29, 2012

Anything But A Card

It's time for a new challenge over at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog.  This week is something that we have never done before at 2 Sisters. Our theme this week is anything but a card.  So for my non card inspiration I decided to make a book mark for my daughter. 


The face and buttons are done using the Winter Face Assortment rubber stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps. To create the buttons I simply inked just one of the pieces of coal on one of the larger snowman faces and stamped it 3 times going down the bottom of the book mark.  The sentiment is typed up on the computer and of course I made the S and O larger than the N and W in SNOW so that the word SO would pop off the book mark.  The scarf is done using red ribbon and a white glitter snowflake button. i colored the face in with prisma color pencils.  I backed the whole bookmark in black card stock.

I am entering this bookmark into the following challenges:


Gingerloft: Christmas/Winter

Creative Craft World: December/January Mini Challenge

Delightful Challenges: Anything Goes

Aud Sentiments: Any Sentiment

The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes

Fab N Funky: Ribbon and/or Lace


Stampin For The Weekend: Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant: Anything Goes

Tuesday Morning Sketches: Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesday: Any Word Art

C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Not A Card

Little Miss Muffet: Anything Goes

Pause Dream Enjoy: Anything Goes


Card Ingredients
Peachy Keen Winter Face Assortment Rubber Stamp Set
White Card Stock
Nicole Crafts Black Card Stock
Red Ribbon
White Glitter Snowflake Button
Prisma Color Pencils

20 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I absolutley LOVE this, and YES - Reading really is fun. What an awesome truth. Thanks for sharing this delightful project with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. It's a blessing to have you join us! I really do hope you will come back soon - each week is Anything Goes and we would LOVE to have you continue to play along.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

MiniOwner said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love it. One of my NY resolutions is to get back to being a bookworm - the computer seems to have taken over my love of books. :o( Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet challenge.
Nathalie

susibee said...

Such a great idea:) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

Jessi Fogan said...

I do love a pun :) Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

Bonnie Garby said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Aw, this is such a great idea! I think I would like to borrow it! Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches for our special challenge, "Anything Goes"!

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love the clever and fun design.

Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge
Sue

Debbie said...

Really cute bookmark!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Melissa Craig said...

What a super fun, sweet bookmark. I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Anonymous said...

Hellο, I enjoу гeading аll of your artiсle post.
I like to write a little comment to ѕupport you.

Feеl frеe to ѵіsit my webpаgе :: galaxys3.fr
my web site - galaxy s3

Diane Noble said...

An adorable card for snuggling up under a warm blankie and reading a great book! Such a cute project. Love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate the support of talented artist and those who want to lift others up with an encouraging note or beautiful design. We are grateful for your participation!
Diane
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

I so love this bookmark , It is just darling.

Thank you for joining our challenge.
we wish you the best of luck in your entry.
We hope to see you come back soon for another challenge.

Hugs Tammy Ortiz Design Team for Chocolate Coffee and Cards.

Pat K said...

Wonderful, clever idea...love it.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Happy New Year, hugs, Pat K

mum of two said...

What a beautiful project! I just love this bookmark, it is too cute! Thanks for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy. We hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Snow, snow cute! Adorable bookmark and one I know your daughter will love to use! I love your sentiment, very clever wording. Thanx snow much for playing along with us at CC&CC! Aloha, Joanne.

Turtle In The Sand said...

Fun bookmark Mary. I like the buttons after the sentiment.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

I love your bookmark Mary! Clever use of font sizing too. Just gorgeous :) Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. Sarah x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, love what you have done here, thank you for joining us at Little miss Muffet this time hugs Pops x x x

fatmonica said...

I love this!A snowman bookmark.What a great idea!