Friday, April 29, 2011

A Mother's Day Card

I made this Mother's Day card using Angellina's Balloons from Mo's Digital Pencil. The sketch that I used is from this week's challenge at Critter Sketch.                                               
The base of my card is white backed in bright green and then backed agian in st valentino pink.  I colored the image using crayola and prisma colored pencils. I cut it out in an oval and backed it in bright green and then again in st valentino pink. The block behind the image is white backed in green and the backed in a larger piece of white that is backed in st valentino pink. I created the sentiment on my computer and then backed it in bright green and then again in st valentino pink.  I added pink and green sprinkles to left side of the image and then again to the upper right corner of the image.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:


Polly Craft Monday: Fun And Games

Craft Your Passion: Show Us Your Layers


Crafty Creations: White Space

Aud Sentiments: Mother's Day


Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes


Dutch Dare: For Mom



SUPPLIES USED

IMAGE: Mo's Digital Pencil Too Angelina's Balloons Digital Stamp
SENTIMENT: Created on Computer
PAPER: White Cardstock, The Paper Company Bright Green Cardstock, Coredinations St Valentino Cardstock
EMBELLISHMENTS: Annabelle Stamps Green Sprinkles, Annabelle Stamps Pink Sprinkles
TOOLS: Fiskars Oval Template
OTHER: Crayola Colored Pencils, Prisma Colored Pencils

18 comments:

Crystal said...

Wonderful card, love the red/green/white combo! Love how you interpreted my sketch too. Thanks for playing along at Critter Sketch :)

Heather said...

Fabulous card, love your colours and great colouring of Mo's cute image.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Karen said...

Hahaha one of my favourite mo images I think and perfect for mother's day. ;)
thank you joining us at DDSB for our anything goes challenge this week.
Hugs Karen.xx

Colleen said...

So fun! I love the pops of color against the white! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

Kitty said...

Lovely, love how you have coloured that cutie too!

Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at MAWTT.

Kitty xx

Pami said...

Hi Mary, what a gorgeous card this is, I love the colours and the image and the bling is a great finishing touch! Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week and good luck. Pami x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really cute!! Just love the colours its fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Audrey said...

What an adorable card! I love her hair! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Cor* said...

Yay, I have this image and hope to use it soon. YOu have made her look very good. Awesome job. Thanks for playing along with our digi challenge at Creative Inspirations! Good luck!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great card! I love Mo's images! Super cute creation and I love your coloring! Wonderful take on our sketch at Critter Sketch! Thank you for playing our challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

deesdesigns said...

One can never go wrong using a Mo stamp - just beautiful. I really like the layout you used. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Aud Sentiments and I hope you'll join us for our next challenge, too.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a cute image and beautiful layout. Love the bling and the colouring. Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Dorcas said...

I just love this design Mary!! I’m so glad you were able to join us this week at DDCC!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Shirl said...

Such a simplistic card it really shows your image off to perfection. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles Shop's Best.
Hugs Shirley x x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi again Mary this is yet another gorgeous card I so love that adorable image and the design looks great thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments
Hugs
Lorraine x

Julie said...

How stinkin cute! Thanks for joining us at DDSB
Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Laney said...

great iamge and a fabulous card mary!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time hope to see you again
hugs
laney