Monday, November 2, 2009

Card For Jaimie Cates

Monday, November 2, 2009

By now I'm sure most of you have heard about the 11 year old girl, Jaimie Cates, from New Hampshire, who not only was injured during a horrible crime that happened in her home. But also lost her mother during that crime. Tonight there is a Spread The Love Blog Hop taking place. It starts on Katharina's blog. Katharina has more information on what this hop is all about and what happened to Jaimie and her mom that night. This blog hop will end Monday, November 9th @ 10 am EST. As soon I heard about the blog hop and that they were asking for people to make and send Jaimie a card I knew I needed to make her one. This struck very close to home for me. You see, I am a mother of an 11 year old and I couldn't even imagine how he would handle something like this happening. I cried so hard when I heard what had happened to her. You don't really think of New Hampshire as a place that this would happen in. But I guess the world is getting worse as the years go on and this just shows that this can happen to anyone, anywhere at anytime. My heart goes out to Jaimie and her dad during this very difficult time.

Please also check out the Stamp Something....for Jaimie blog.


Here is the card that I made and will be sending to Jaimie this week:




Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Mary, I am so thrilled you could join us in the Spread the Love campaign. I am sure Jaimie will just love this adorable card.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely, sweet card for Jaimie. Thanks for sharing and spreading the love for Jaimie!
smiles,Deena

Stampinsilvia said...

ohhh what a super sweet card! I love your coloring!

Megan said...

So sweet! She'll love it. :)

Basement Stamper said...

Thanks for joining and sending a card to Jaimie! This card is so nice and subtle, great coloring!

Jennifer Scull said...

I love your card! I know she will be touched by your love and kindness! :)

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for visiting my blog and creating a card for Jaimie!

Lacey said...

Beautiful card. I am sure it will bring a smile to Jaimie's face...even if it is for a short time! It is great to know that we can bring a little joy.
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a great card, such a sweet image. Thanks for helping to spread a little love, I'm sure that Jaimie will love this card! :)

Shelly said...

Sweet card for Jaimie, thanks so much for helping and caring :)
Shelly x