Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday Wishes

I created this birthday card using this adorable Kenny K image called Troublemaker. The sketch that I used is from this week's challenge at A Spoonfull Of Sugar. The base of my card is berry blush backed in white and then backed again in spring breeze. I then cut two pieces of spring breeze, backed them both in white and added them to the card. I then cut a strip of white cardstock and punched the bottom edge using a doily lace border punch and added a pink and white gingham ribbon to the top of the strip of white. I added that on top of the two pieces of green. I then cut a square out of berry blush, backed it in white, added the sentiment to the bottom corner and then added it on top of the white strip. I colored the image using prisma and crayola colored pencils. I cut the image out in an oval, backed it in berry blush and then backed it again in white and cut around the white using scalloped scissors. I then cut a flower out of berry blush using the cricut cartridge Mother's Day Bouquet. I also cut out a different flower from white using the same cartridge. I added three pearls to the upper corner of the berry blush square and one to the center of the flower.


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Kenny K's Krafty Girls: Lace, Ribbon or bows

Catch The Bug: Scallops

Totally Gorjuss: Pearls & Lace

Cupcake Inspiration: Photo Inspiration

Aly's Sunday Challenge: Anything Goes

Polly Craft Monday: Teen Cards

Kaboodle Doodles: Birthday Cards

Wild Orchid: Dieing To Punch It Out


~ Supplies Used ~
Kenny K Downloads Troublemaker Digital Stamp
Inkadinkado Expressions & Frames Clear Stamp Set (sentiment)
White Cardstock
Bazzill Basics Spring Breeze Cardstock
Bazzill Basics Berry Blush Cardstock
Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet Cartridge
Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Border Punch
Annabelle Stamps 4mm White Pearls
Pink & White Gingham Ribbon
Scallop Scissors

Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils


10 comments:

Jill said...

gorgeous card Mary love the image and the layout lovely soft colours too thanks for joining us at KKKG hugs Jill xx

Jackie said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the colors and the way you used this sketch, nice work! Thank you for joining us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for this fun scallops challenge! I hope you join us again soon!

Patty said...

Beautiful card, love your colors...thanks for joining us at KKKG's challenge this week!

Chris said...

the pink and green look as yummy here as it does on the cupcake photo. beautiful card, thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at KKKGC......

Hugs
Judith

Scrappy said...

Wow! Love your colors and layout! FABULOUS card!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Catch the Bug! We hope you'll be back again soon!

Rachel Hope said...

Fun and Sassy! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Kylie said...

Oh pink and green is so my fav colour combo! Fantastic card.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week.



Hugs, Kylie xo

Lorie said...

LOVE those images and your card! Thanks for playing along with the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge, Mary!

Hugs,
Lorie

Kim said...

Oh my goodness this is absolutely fabulous! What a beauty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim