Monday, January 31, 2011

Calendar Based Valentine

I created this valentine for the challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlights. The challenge was to create a calendar based project. This is the first time that I have created a card with a calendar on it. The calendar itself is a stamp set from Hampton Art (post scrip calendar). Each number was stamped onto the calendar seperately. If you notice I stamped my 8's upside down. And didn't realize this until I was adding it to my card. Oops!! Well, I guess it's not too bad for the first time that I've used this stamp set. I colored the letters for the days of the week using a pink colored pencil. I also created the heart on the 14 using the same pencil. The image that I used is Sweet Tilda from Magnolia Stamps. I colored the image using both crayola and prisma colored pencils.

The sketch that I used is from Crafting Life's Pieces. The color pink that I used is called passionate. The base of my card is white backed in the passionate. I added a strip of the passionate down the right side and a strip across the bottom. The strip across the bottom is embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder (dots). I punched a strip of white cardstock using a lace heart border punch and added it to the bottom of the embossed strip of passionate. I backed both the image and the calendar in passionate and then in white. I added a pale pink paper daisy to the bottom right corner of the image. I punched two leaves out of green using a rose leaf punch. I added a pink rhinestone to the flower and other areas of the card.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Stampavie & More: Love

Paper Play: Layer It Up

Meljens: Put Your Heart On It

Charisma Cardz: Valentines/Love

Magnolia Down Under: Embossing

Stamp Scrap & Doodle: Get Punchy

Totally Gorjuss: As You Like It

Creative Inspirations: Valentines/Love

Stamptacular Sunday: Whateva

Ann's Creative Nook: Anything Goes Valentine Style

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central: Valentines (item from store: Magnolia stamp & Martha Stewart border punch)

Craft Your Passion: Bling On Your Love

Bunny Zoes: Love Is In The Air

Wild Orchid: Love Is

All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge: The Queen Of Hearts


~ Supplies Used ~
Magnolia Sweet Tilda Rubber Stamp
Hampton Art Post Scrip Calendar Stamp Set
Bazzill Basics Passionate Cardstock
White Cardstock
Queen & Company Pretty In Pink Rhinestones
Pink Paper Daisy
Martha Stewart Rose Leaf Punch
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Dots
Martha Stewart Lace Heart Border Punch
Crayola Colored Pencils
Prisma Colored Pencils




22 comments:

Sassylassy said...

What a great idea putting the little monthly calender behind Tilda with a heart over the 14th. Super Sweet card. Thank you so much for joining us for this months CLP Sketch Challenge.
Hugs Bonnie
CLP Designer

Chelsea said...

Hi Mary, a lovely card and a beautiful take on the Sketch. Perfect card for Valentine.
Love,
Chelsea

kaylou said...

gorgeous love card, thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Hugs Kaylou xxx

Marlieke said...

The 8's upside down....I think I didn't know it when you said nothing. It's a lovely card!

Kat said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cor* said...

This is so pretty. love the calendar! Thanks so much for sharing your LOVE/VALENTINES creation with us at Creative Inspirations this time round! Hope to see you next time too!

Ann said...

Mary this is a wonderful Valentine!!! Love the colors and the image is just too sweet!!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Mary.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Vee said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Valentine/Love challenge at Charisma this week. Good Luck.
xx Vee

Alicia said...

Beautiful card! Love all those layers. Thanks for joining in our "Layer it Up" Challenge (again) at Paper Play this week. Alicia xx

Linda said...

Oh this is very sweet. I love the image.
Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job - I love the colours you've used and all your fun little details!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love how you used the calendar page.

Thank you for joining our Heart challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

Denise said...

very nice like all the layers
thanks for sharing
Denise
MDUC

Sharon said...

Hi Mary,

Oh this is such a pretty card in the traditional valentines colours too! I love this MS border punch it always looks great. Your calendar looks fabulous especially with the little heart on the 14th :)

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week!

Sharon x

Karita said...

Beautiful card! :) Tildas looks so pretty and I love the colour combo!

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Mary J said...

Mary, this is so so so sweet!

Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Stephanie said...

Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Debs said...

love it, gorgeous image and fabulous layout, thanks so much for sharing with us at creative Inspirations
Debs
xxx

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]mMUTdcyVUoYk[/url] , gaZiWEsqvHRc , http://hhmgziigpu.com